Friday 6 July 2012

Thinking about quitting sugar...

Been thinking about quitting sugar...

For a while now, I have been thinking about my sweet tooth. Just how bad was it to have a sweet tooth? What implications would there be for me now, later and for my family?

I had been thinking about this for a while and had been seeing the occasional documentary on TV all about the 'sugar drug'. It wasn't until I watched a 60 minutes episode about the implications of sugar that I finally decided that enough was enough.  It was the turning point. I realised that I was a sugar addict. I WAS ADDICTED. I didn't want to be another statistic - and I did not want to be filling my kids arteries with this poison either. So that was that. It was really that simple. The next day, I quit sugar, and so did my husband.

I purchased Sarah Wilson's 'I quit sugar' ebook and her 'I quit sugar recipe book' and I was set. I also started reading online and borrowing books from the library about sugar, the history of it and the addiction to it.  Following this, I purchased David Gilliespies 'Sweet Poison' and 'Quitting Plan' books. All this reading just confirmed over and over why my family and i should be quitting sugar - for life.

The more I read, the more I learnt and the better I felt about this decision. Any second thoughts were soon squashed and that heavy dark sugar cloud of confusion was lifting.

The 60 Minute feature about sugar.

Purchase these ebooks from http://www.sarahwilson.com.au/. My husband and I are following her 8 week program (i'm now in day 26)  and have been cooking (well I have) lots from her recipe book. I'll write more about these ebooks later.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment