Saturday 7 July 2012

Week 3 - Quit

Week 3 - Quit!
This is the week that any slightest bit of sugar I was still having in my diet (and I wasn't) had to go. I didn't find this too hard as I had pretty much cut it all out anyhow. My husband had been eating fruit up until this day and he had to stop this.
This week left me feeling empowered.

I loved having control over what I was eating instead of having sugar control what I was craving.

My new tea box
The headaches have continued, just not as often or as bad, I could feel myself getting better - inside and out. My tummy feels flatter and I feel better all round.


Tea has really become my best friend (along with coconuts) and I treated myself this week to a tea storage box. I just love it. I am a virgo and very organised so having my flavoured teas in a neat little box suits me perfectly (see pic to the right).


I've really been getting into cooking too. I continued to make Coco-Nutty granola every week and have discovered that I don't like it with rice malt syrup or with butter. Coconut oil suits me fine and i like it with full cream milk, not yoghurt. It is a great snack. I've made zucchini pie this week, egg and bacon cupcakes and have been adding chia seeds to everything. I found it impossible to find vanilla powder this week, but will keep looking. I spent $40 on nuts at the shops this week and am trying to find a more affordable supplier other than the normal supermarkets - no luck yet. 

My girlfriend visited me this week and had arrived with a tray full of gourmet cakes and slices from the bakery. Not your normal stuff, these were tiny bundles of handmade delicacies. Thankfully, she fully understands and respects my decision and didn't jam them down my throat or make me feel bad for not eating them. Instead, I made homemade spinach, ricotta and pea ravioli and served it for brunch. Yum. Should couldn't believe that I could eat this yummy ravioli when I was turning down the cakes. She was suprised at just how much and what I could eat. The funny thing is though, I've noticed this week that my appetite control system has kicked in. I am NEVER hungry. how could this be? I'm the girl that never stops eating. I'm the girl that could live at the bakery... but for some strange reason, I eat when I'm hungry and have NO desire to eat at any other time. I did not feel deprived at all when I said no to the cakes, instead, I felt like I had control and my body would be thanking me.
Homemade tomato and BBQ sauce


Oh, I made my own tomato and BBQ sauce this week. The tomato sauce is great although I think I added too many cloves but the BBQ sauce hasn't taken my fancy yet. I just put them back i the normal bottles, my daughter has definately noticed and so she doesn't have much now, which is exactly what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment